Monday, August 4, 2008

Going Raw

So this is something I've been thinking about for a little while now. There are many reasons but when it comes right down to it, I just want to be freaking healthy. Over the past year I've felt a major deterioration in my physical and emotional health. I contribute much of this to the fact that my innards aren't getting what they should and as such my outer suffers, a lot. And before I get a bunch of calls from friends about family about "are you sure this is what you want to do??" and "do you know what you're getting yourself into??" let me say this: yes and no, not really.

And that is totally fine with me. This may be the only time I get to experiment with this kind of diet because I don't really know what sort of schedule the next two years will bring other than chaos. I figure if I can get on this diet, at least somewhat, then I am more likely to stick with it for the next couple of years, if not more. So why not try now?

I'm going to be in Atlanta for the next two weeks house-sitting/pet-sitting (for a wonderful couple and one of their beautiful dogs -- a chocolate lab named Carson) so I'm using this period to truly dive headfirst into the raw foodism experience.

I used this weekend as a buffer so I've been eating a total vegetarian diet since Friday. Talk about a detox.

I'll be using Ani Phyo's book "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen" as my guide in this adventure. The food looks amazing and I'm totally stoked to try something new!


Click me for raw food goodness.


I took a photo tonight as a "Before" but there is no way I'm going to post that until after the two week trial period. I don't need TWO photos on the internet of me looking gross and then, possibly, more gross.

Anyway, tomorrow I head to the "Your Dekalb Farmers Market". The place is freaking huge! I went there for lunch today and got an amazing salad and a drink for under three bucks. LESS THAN $3! You can't beat that with a stick!

I'll blog tomorrow about my meals and my reactions. Oh the drama!
-Bonnie

1 comment:

gryffreviews said...

Bonnie I don't need you to explain yourself. I actually am toying with the idea of going raw myself and I am hoping to use your dietary experimentation as a guide to my own personal romp in the raw food realm. Much luck!