Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"I'm not depressed so much as I am paralyzed with HOPE!"

I don't mean to brag. But I met Maria *F-ing* Bamford last Friday.

I had been waiting and waiting and waiting for this show and somehow managed to even get Ken to come along for the ride. A buddy of ours, Mike, and his girlfriend were also there so we all got to sit together and talk. It had been awhile so it was nice to catch up.

We're pretty in that "special" way.


The show was fantastic! She did use a few jokes that I had heard before but I think that there is a real difference when it comes to hearing comedy and actually getting to see it live. For those of you who aren't familiar with Bamford's act, check out the video below.



And so now you can see why I dig it so much -- I feel like she's just as random as I am and still freaking hilarious!

Our prom dates should be here any second!

And so that was my Friday night and it rocked. Hanging out with old friends, meeting one of the funniest ladies in the world, generally having a swell time. Also, she was wearing heels so I don't know if she was actually taller than me -- though most people are.

And now I pack and clean for the trip to North Carolina that begins in three hours.

I couldn't be less ready if I tried.

-Bonnie

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I love meeting comedians! And getting them to make silly faces! Good job :)

Bonicita said...

Yeah, she was such a sport about those photos. We were the last in line to see her and she was pretty cool to talk to -- even Ken enjoyed himself!